Then Go Below

A follow-up to the prior comic “The Go Between”,
took the title as a nod to Mythos, (thank you for the suggestion some time ago)
Decided to set it at least initially in City 24, an absolutely majestic map on the workshop that I cannot overstate the beauty of.
Looking forward to where this could go, but don’t have an “end goal” at the moment, just a few ideas of ‘single steps’ I guess I’ll call them.
Go Between was more or less a prologue,
Time to get on with the show.

Edit 2-sec after posting:
OOP! Forgot to edit in the smoke from the Metrocop’s cigarette!!! @_@

2 Likes

Good layout work and it feels like you’re more in control of the pacing. I enjoyed the blurb in the beginning too! It’s nice to start of a series with thoughts and comments, so we know where you’re at after your last series :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This was an attempt to jump back into it while still not knowing what the heck imma do.
Zoning out at work I had some ideas and ended up writing myself an Email that’s gonna be a .txt for a roadmap of what i wanna do.
I officially have a plot, though I need to iron out some details.

The intro bit just seemed Appropriate for the opening of a chapter, I might keep that method for other “big” comics as well :smiley:
it’s way easier to pull off than some other stuff i’ve tried lol

Great start to the follow-up!

1 Like

Thank you very kindly! :smiley:

Taking my time with this comic, trying to not stress about moving things too slow or too quick, give time to see the details, point out a few of them and let the reader figure out the rest on their own.
Neat detail to point out for something way after this that i may not end up using-
Gobo could feel that the npc downstairs walked away, but never saw him do so.

2 Likes

Kind rushed on this one a bit, thinking I should have taken more time,
still happy with how it came out.
Dialogue is a little bumpy, i have to admit, but the scene also helped me plan out where imma go next.
Had thought to go one direction, but there’s a physical spot I wanted to have as a scene later, and with where I was going to have it go would have prevented that, or at least not made sense.
This map is like a jungle gym, it’s neat how many paths intersect and criss-cross around each other.
Would be a NIGHTMARE to play deathmatch in.

4 Likes

Gobo getting info finally on the macguffin comm-link Merrill had in the prior comic.
I am still … VERY bad at dialogue and writing, so please excuse the very wordy page this time.
Might have to do the same next time.
Only just realized in starting this page- the Comm’s 05 has the same mouth problem that the Hostage “Doctor Klein” model did.
So, Imma have to figure out a work-around for that.

3 Likes

I really gotta get better about putting in the time on saturdays hahahaha

Dialogue got kinda clunk here and there, I think.
Still not great with the Vort-speak.
Had a crick in my neck most of the day and I kept getting distracted.
Glad to be moving the story along little by little like this, gives me time to think through exactly want I want to do and make it make sense for the most part.
Knew ahead of time the pathing I wanted to move along, just had to figure out how to make the dialogue work, and from that came the poses and what not.

REALLY looking forward to two major events here coming soon, one of which should be in a page or two.
The other being the zombies.
Oh Boy are the zombies gonna be fun.

At some point I should really take Jeff’s example to heart and start using the animated prop tool for some stuff ^^;

1 Like

That tall shot looks good, and it worked well for emphasizing the farewell. Looking forward to seeing more different types of panels in your comics.

1 Like

Thank you!
I wasn’t really thinking when I did it,
It was more of a reflex that “I want to show enough in that corner but emphasis something isn’t right” :smiley:

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Knocking out three pages in three days @_@
Had a long weekend because of July 4th, got the 5th off because workplace is awesome.
Was already kinda blitzed in the head on sunday, but had a fantastic morning so I pressed on and got a third page done.
Really looking forward to what’s about to happen right after the cliffhanger (sorry ^^;)

Page six I was able to do entirely over like four hours,
Page seven took that long for just the posing, I think.

Not really meant to understand what the Metrocops are saying-
BUT, it’s just in Combine font, it IS translatable if you want to spend the time :stuck_out_tongue: (it’s just more jokey dialogue)
Thinking I shoulda added the Skyrim health bar on the last panel there, but I got lazy ^^;

Page Eight took me a good minute.
I had to reshoot the first panel like four times because I kept moving stuff around, namely the gasmask citizen, and by the end of it I failed to notice the door in the picture.
Following panels I had deleted and posed the door by itself so I could have the rotation using Ragdoll Mover.
WHOOPS

Very proud of the fact that I managed to do so much over such a “short” time span.

Thank you All for continued support in my goofy adventures.

3 Likes

That cliffhanger though!

Great work on these last three pages!

2 Likes

It’s okay, you know what happens next >:3

Great work on getting them out. I really like the expanded panel work. And like Dusk said, I can’t wait for the next one after that cliffhanger!

1 Like

Another perskin popping precariously into place…
<.<
Periwinkle Pumpernickle!

This page went more smoothly than I was expecting, was stressing out how I was going to make it work because I wanted to use lyrics from the song “Digital Hallucinations” in reference to the Amazing Digital Circus for something later :smiley:

(This song to be specific)

2 Likes

Poor Gobo just having to listen to all this; probably quite confusing!

1 Like