Unforeseen Consequences: The Bureau - Part 5

Lore:

• The boardroom’s colour scheme is reacting to whichever bureaucrat is talking. Unfortuantly for Dusk, she has silver eyes so it’s not as distinctive.

• Dusk lost her briefcase somewhere between pages 36 and 40. This was just me forgetting she was meant to have it… but a lore reason? Who knows!

• Yes it’s meant to be obvious that one of the Employers summoned Dusk just at the right moment.

• Unlike how they actually eat mortal races, they consume their own species in a different manner. It’s a total drain of their energy/power and is the only way to truely kill one.

• Dusk now being okay with consuming another agent’s power is in contrast to how she reacted when finding out elites did this; Unforeseen Consequences: The Facility - Part 6

• As there was a few days before the meeting took place. That gave time for G-Man and Dusk to spend time together after being seperated for so long. Enough said.

• Yes the Employers litrally just disappeared after the meeting was ajourned… why wouldn’t they?

• I am myself slightly sad that I had to kill off Agent Y so soon. But doesn’t mean he can’t appear in stuff set before chapter 4… or as a disgruntled ghost in Interdimensional Bureaucracy (comedy series) right? XD

Behind The Scenes:

• Thank you @George_Stukas for the awesome boardroom map!

• And also thanks to @MadRat for the openable HL2 briefcase model!

• I wanted to make the doorway to the boardroom look more impressive than a regular door.

• Posing so many models sitting with just the physgun took a while.

• Chapter 5 and the epilogue will go through the events of Episode 2 and then the finale to UC. I will probably take a short rest from this before working on it.

3 Likes

Damn good work, Dusk.
Didn’t expect that opening twist :open_mouth:
Glad to see it worked out in the end :smiley:

1 Like

Yaaah the editing and lighting is incredible, Dusk! The boardroom looks great drenched in greens and red. And how did you get that effect with Agent Y’s face? Is that a reskin, in-game or somerhing in post?

2 Likes

Thanks. ^^

Agent Y’s face is basically maxed out flex and fine tuning with face-poser. Then a lot of post-process with hue, saturation and contrast tools haha. Can’t quite remember the exact options I used for it though.

1 Like