Unforeseen Consequences: The Bureau - Part 4

Lore:

• Interdimensional Bureaucrats’ power when manifested in a visible way will usually take on a similar colour to their eyes. Why? Because it’s cool! G-Man has light green/turquoise eyes, so his power if often a shade of green or turquoise, Agent Y’s is yellow so… yellow, and Dusk? Her eyes are grey, so guess what? Yeah that’s right PINK (because she’s a female!)… no… grey/silver. XD

• When stasis chambers are deactivated they are a white void… when activated… a black void.

• Yes, Agent Y was about to murder Dusk… these elite agents… they sometimes get addicted to consuming the power of other bureaucrats… was he actually authorized to kill her by one of the Employers? Well that would be spoilers.

• G-Man has literally just come back from the end sequence of HLA (not the after credit scene, that happens later).

• Flying takes up energy, hovering just off the ground not so much… but high up? Yeah.

• At the end of this issue G-Man is basically pulling Agent Y into his dimension.

• Dusk is gonna stop being pathetic VERY soon. XD

Behind The Scenes:

• This was all more cool and action-y in my head, but I just can’t do action it seems! I think my main issue is I use the physgun, and both my character’s model and this G-Man model have spaghetti skeletons so it makes it very difficult to pose them elaborately.

• @ArcticAvenger did offer to help me edit the scene, but I decided that this series really should just be my work as much as possible. I am very thankful for the offer though! But hey if anyone wants to recreate any of the scenes in UC with their own screenshots and editing style, go for it! I’d love to see it reimagined!

• I added some comedy here just to make it a bit lighter than the previous pages.

• I posed G-Man’s tie a lot in this issue; you’ll notice it reacts to his power when he’s slinging Agent Y around. Ties are great.

3 Likes

You keep getting better and better with every comic, and this bit of action which you edited together is seriously impressive. As always, your work is good work.

2 Likes

I see why you were picky about what starfield you used-
really brings out his air of menace o.o

1 Like

Every so often I try and remind everyone that G-Man is actually terrifying and not just a character used in memes. XD

The starfield had to be the real one from the intro/outro of HL2 or nothin’!

1 Like

Big fan of the dialogueless panels. It works well with the pacing yet it’s also a little uncanny… thereby further solidifying that these are no ordinary mortals!

I think the action scene turned out very well, considering the challenge. And special mention Agent Y’s face while G attempts to drain his powers, as well as the elliptical VFX.

3 Likes