Quakeguy Vs. Vibri [Issue #001]

issue1page1
issue1page2
Vibri Is Property of Sony.
Quakeguy is Property of ID software.
Made Using Garrys “Garry’s Mod” Half-Life 2 Modification

A nostalgically fun comic. Though I do feel you need to work to improve your layout as there is just a lot of dead space that isn’t being used and the positioning of the panels is often inconsistent.

To your credit you didn’t just stack a bunch of screenshots atop of each other like Gmod comic makers often do. However, it still needs work. Thankfully there are a lot of comics out there which should hopefully inspire your future efforts.

1 Like

yoooo constructive criticism!!!

All Jokes Aside, Thanks! I’ve Already made Issue #2, but I’ll Try to retrofit Coolio Techniques.
I Use Aseprite (which doesn’t have all the tools that Photoshop does) Because I Don’t want to spend my life savings on some image editing program.

That is understandable. There are other free programs out there that have a similar utility to Photoshop. How well or not tutorials for PS will work with them I can’t say. But all the same, take a little time to work on improving your layout.

You have the basic idea of how to make a dynamic one. You just need more practice. Then from there, speech bubbles are a good thing to work on. But that can be built up to.

well it you think the modern one is a bit bad then you should see the OLD one!
old1
old2

Also Fun Fact: These Comics are a Collaborative Effort With my Friend, Sebastian. He takes the Pictures, I Assemble the Comic. I’ve Also Reused Some pieces from images and spliced them into other images.

Arguably the WORST aseprite Feature, or rather, Lack Thereof - The Ability to Edit text after you’ve placed it in.

This SEVERELY hinders my ability to create Eye-Pleasing Speech Bubbles, by not allowing me to edit text to make it…

C i r c u l a r . . .

I’d advise looking for other editing software if you want to make Gmod comics. There are plenty of free options out there. GIMP is one that a few people here use, and there are a lot of tutorials out there for it. It may take a while to get used to but it will be worth it in the long run.

okay, but If my Laptop combusts I’m Blaming It On you!!!111!!1!!1!!!

ill attend the laptop’s funeral!