Frank O'Hara, by Jim_Riley

Before you start reading the comic, you have to understand that it was made for a contest (a long time ago, since the files are dated from 09 ‎September ‎2009, ‏‎19:09:21). The theme of the contest, was something with a hero/badass. But it wasn’t that simple. Nope. For the comic to be accepted in the contest, the hero had to say 1 of 3 lines. One of those lines was “I’m more of a cat person”, which you’ll see Frank say.

page1th8
page2dp7
page3qm6
page4fb0
page5yb0
page6go2
page7ta2
page8ky8
page9vc0
page10rb9
page11mv8
page12wb4
page13wt9
page14fw7

Unfortunetly, I could not save the last page. So I’ll let you know that Gallahan’s chopper went down in flames, and Frank escaped with his daugther.

4 Likes

Metal as fuck.
That was a hell of a ride.
Great way to end it too, even if you don’t have the page for it hahaha

1 Like

My mind was constantly telling me that the main character was actually sylvester stallone from the expendables. I’m cursed.

Also, nice comic: it wrapped things up as fast as it unraveled them, and that’s good pacing right there.

2 Likes

Nice upload! A classic kind of action comic, with good focus on both camerawork and editing. And it’s crazy that such quality could be made in such a short timespan.

Tried finding out more about the contest itself on WaybackMachine, though, alas, I came out empty-handed. Some of those requirements could turn out really funny, like here when its used as a badass line.

2 Likes

I remember reading this years ago. Great find.

2 Likes

Holy shit i remember this, i’m pretty sure i entered into that contest aswell!

Just as good as i remember it too, great stuff!

3 Likes

I read the protagonist’s words in Duke Nukem’s voice. 10/10

2 Likes