Early Combine occupation

Have you guys ever wondered what the earliest combine soldiers, civil protection, stalkers would’ve look like? Like wayy before HL Alyx taking place. And like couple of years after the 7 hour war ended. I thought this would be an interesting thing to discuss about and id like to hear your thoughts about it.

1 Like

I imagine they would look like the cut content models. They were the ”earlier” combine, both indevelopment and in-universe.

2 Likes

I imagine a lot of it would actually be human collaborators. Considering Civil Protection is pretty well established in HL: Alyx - unlike the rest of the factions, it looks basically the same as in Half-Life 2 -, I imagine initially it was the main force of the Combine on Earth while Overwatch started experimenting with the human race.

2 Likes

Ive enjoyed thinking the bulk of the force was initially other race synths similar to what Myth said,
but that was like 20 years prior, i thought, and since then the force had been restructured to include more humanood forces to maintain a more efficient occupation.
I doubt we’ll ever get a “Halo reach” of sorts, showing the o cupation in progress, would be fascinating all the same.

Had a head-canon for post satalite/superportal that the remaining forces were cut off and begrudingly alligned with the remaining human forces to survive on a ravaged earth, the two groups scraping by barely avoiding conflict as tech was developed by the rebels ultimately resulting in them being able to reach out to other worlds fpr temporary help, while the remaining combine attempt to do the same to reunite with the Universal Union which is the visage of Garrysmod.

1 Like