Unforeseen Consequences: The Resistance - Part 3

Lore:

• I’ve never believed Barney about the crowbar; there’s no way he could have had Gordon’s as it was taken by G-Man at the end of HL1. I also believe the one he gives Gordon in Episode 1 is his own from Blue Shift… so the only explanation? G-Man made sure Barney gave him the crowbar.

Behind The Scenes:

• The scene with Kleiner wasn’t in the script, added it on a whim while working on this part.
3 Likes

I think the crowbar bit is just a joke. It’s certainly Marc Laidlaw’s kind of humor.

1 Like

I will never trust Barney! XD

1 Like

The earth smell got people making funny faces. And speaking of faces, I gotta admire Barney’s ability to shrug off cosmic horror, he looks G-man in the face and the next second he’s joking to while giving Gordon the crowbar.

And speaking of smells, I smell a set-up of vortigaunt mischief in the future.

1 Like

Barney’s been put on notice. That got a lol!

1 Like

Something I should have mentioned in the lore segment actually! Thanks for reminding me. XD Barney’s happy demeanour in the scene directly afterwards with Gordon is G-Man’s influence; he makes sure to keep his pawns acting relatively ‘normal’ when needed.

I do apologize, I couldn’t help it with some expressions in this part. :laughing: But yes, you are correct about the Vortigaunt!

1 Like

XD Well I did want to have some comedy in this part, there won’t be much, but just enough I hope to make it less dark than chapter 4 and 5 will be.

1 Like