Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Metrocop forums! Metrocop is a site dedicated to creative content, such as comics and screenshots, created using Valve Software's Source engine. It's safer here.

To make posts or threads, please register as a member.

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Doctor Who; "Hello, I'm the Doctor"
Topic Started: Mar 16 2015, 09:49 PM (5,214 Views)
Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Posted Image

This is the thread for Doctor Who, the British cult classic TV show that gained a new lease in life in 2005. If you've never watched it, it's about a time-traveling alien known only as "the Doctor" and his companion(s) having an adventure in time and space, and you're not cool.

I only jumped into the DW bandwagon last year while living abroad, as I found series 5 for sale and finally jumped in. Got completely hooked and eventually watched all of it with my girlfriend. I love it, or at least the modern version of it.

Come to this thread to discuss what series were great, what series suck, which companions you love and/or hate, and which Doctor is the absolute best. Anyone who says it's anyone but Matt Smith's Doctor (a.k.a. the Eleventh) will be immediately permabanned.
Posted Image

Chris
Member Avatar
Simultaneously a 'has been' and 'never was'!
Hmm... That reminds me that I need to find that montage of all the horrific and gory deaths from the original run for whenever someone says that "its just a kids show"...
Posted Image

ESToomere
Member Avatar
BLAST!

10 is the best.

User "ESToomere" banned for this post
Edited by Mythos, Mar 18 2015, 06:09 PM.
Posted Image

jim_cjr
Member Avatar
Doctor...Doctor who?
For me it's always been the Third Doc.

Go on Mythos, I dare you... ;)

Also, Ace (the last companion before it was cancelled) - who else had the (metaphorical) balls to attack a Dalek with a baseball bat and win??
Edited by jim_cjr, Apr 4 2015, 09:51 PM.
Episode 2; Team Fortress 2; Portal 2... "Episodic model" scrapped... 2x2x2=8... HALF-LIFE 8 CONFIRMED!

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Gah, you called my bluff! In any case, I can hardly judge fans of classic Who, since I'm only well-versed in New Who.
If anyone has no idea what Doctor Who is and needs persuasion, here's an official trailer for the entire series so far:

Edited by Mythos, May 14 2015, 11:16 AM.
Posted Image

jim_cjr
Member Avatar
Doctor...Doctor who?
I don't normally wish away the summer, but I am currently pretty excited about September...

Episode 2; Team Fortress 2; Portal 2... "Episodic model" scrapped... 2x2x2=8... HALF-LIFE 8 CONFIRMED!

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Who wants to bet Maisie Williams is playing
Spoiler: click to toggle

To be honest, it's a shot in the dark, but it'd be cool to see.
Posted Image

ESToomere
Member Avatar
BLAST!

Mythos
Jul 22 2015, 08:28 PM
Who wants to bet Maisie Williams is playing

To be honest, it's a shot in the dark, but it'd be cool to see.
It's an older code, sir, but it checks out. I was about to clear them.
Posted Image

Chris
Member Avatar
Simultaneously a 'has been' and 'never was'!
Oh of course it will be, anything else would be too silly, but seeing as the big trailer for last series was so full of shit she could be anything.

And besides, the current Doctor is supposed to be a throw back to the first in terms of his character and personality, or at least he was until they announced they were going to neuter that.

In anycase, we'll see.

If nothing else it gives my an excuse to do a new Timeshift with my new camera and make wild nonsensical speculation.
Posted Image

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Chris
Jul 23 2015, 12:22 PM
or at least he was until they announced they were going to neuter that.
Did they really? Well, that's probably for the best. I hear the last series had the lowest ratings in the UK compared to the past few years.

Strange that it was reportedly only in the UK though, considering that the international popularity of the show spiked with the Eleventh Doctor and the Ponds. I'd expect interest in the show to drop a lot once the Doctor was turned into a grumpy old man again - in fact, I watched the show with family and they've since lost interest due to the Twelfth Doctor.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Film and Television · Next Topic »
  • Pages: