Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Metrocop forums! Metrocop is a site dedicated to creative content, such as comics and screenshots, created using Valve Software's Source engine. It's safer here.

To make posts or threads, please register as a member.

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
The Chat Thread
Topic Started: Feb 26 2015, 03:41 PM (45,544 Views)
Petfe
Member Avatar
Dream Addict

Happy New Year, people!

Orpheus
Member Avatar
The Gunsmith

Holy hell, I'm buried under 2 feet of snow right now. Send beer! I mean help.
<TIRE ROLLING NOISE>

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Orpheus
Jan 4 2018, 11:59 PM
RIP Orpheus

You Melted My Heart
But Not The Snow
Posted Image

jim_cjr
Member Avatar
Doctor...Doctor who?
Mythos
Jan 5 2018, 02:31 AM
Orpheus
Jan 4 2018, 11:59 PM
RIP Orpheus

You Melted My Heart
But Not The Snow
Let it go, let it go...
Episode 2; Team Fortress 2; Portal 2... "Episodic model" scrapped... 2x2x2=8... HALF-LIFE 8 CONFIRMED!

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Needed to install Windows 10 in 64-bit so I had to do a clean install, meaning I formatted my laptop... possibly for the first time in 10 years. (Yeah, yeah, I know, that's stupid, I should format more often, yadda yadda)

Not only is it running much better now that the hard drive is clean, I also took the time to organize everything a lot better! For instance, concerning my comics, I now have folders organizing each one, whereas before I just put everything, both pages and edited screenshots, randomly in the "Pictures" folder. The old screenshots' names are still pretty random but at least now I know where to find them.

That said, I was gonna bring along the PSDs of my oldest comics, but I didn't spot them in my last backup. Not to worry though, I have plenty of older backups, I'm sure they're there somewhere - not that it'd be that big a loss, all things considered.

I also got rid of everything in GMod except the very basics, meaning some really useful add-ons and the Hercule Cubbage models and custom maps. Even old perskins got left behind, though I can always go back for them if I wanted to as I also backed up my old garrysmod folder. Even so, it still weights about 2GB, which isn't that big but still a surprise!
Posted Image

Orpheus
Member Avatar
The Gunsmith

Holy shit I just realized that Lambda Wars has moved over to our site! That's pretty awesome.
<TIRE ROLLING NOISE>

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Got me a job.

Not sure how clear I made it over the past few months but I've been unemployed since August. My former company - which I ranted about quite a bit over the last 2 years - ran out of money after doing some very dumb shit so they started firing people left and right. I was one of the first to go.

Then in the meantime I spent some time just considering my life, then wanting to go into game design, buying a game design book, trying to do game design stuff and then never focusing enough on it, so ultimately I decided I should probably just get a job first, then worry about whatever else I wanna do.

So today I went for a final interview with a nice digital agency and got selected. The pay is lower than I wanted plus there's more travel expenses, so in practice I'm not making all that much more compared to my old job, but hey. A job's a job's a job. Plus I'mma have my own team and my authoritay so that'll be nice for a change, not being the stooge for some dumbasses.
Posted Image

Orpheus
Member Avatar
The Gunsmith

Congrats dude!
<TIRE ROLLING NOISE>

jim_cjr
Member Avatar
Doctor...Doctor who?
Boom, nice one Mythos!
Episode 2; Team Fortress 2; Portal 2... "Episodic model" scrapped... 2x2x2=8... HALF-LIFE 8 CONFIRMED!

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Thanks, you guys! I start on Monday. Hopefully I'll still have enough time to finish the comics I'm working on.
Posted Image

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Community Conversation · Next Topic »