Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Metrocop forums! Metrocop is a site dedicated to creative content, such as comics and screenshots, created using Valve Software's Source engine. It's safer here.

To make posts or threads, please register as a member.

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
The Chat Thread
Topic Started: Feb 26 2015, 03:41 PM (38,967 Views)
Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Just a thread where you can talk about what's going on. Hopefully a way of getting everyone to know each other better.

Someone else start talking because I have no idea what to say in this first post. :$
Posted Image

ESToomere
Member Avatar
Matt Smith appreciation month

GOOD NEWS!

Looks like Pluto will be reclassified as a planet and possibly Ceres will be added as the 10th planet in our planetary system!
Posted Image

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

I think we can all empathize with Pluto's struggles with identity. You go, Pluto! Show them you're a big planet like the rest of them!

(I can't believe even the Solar system has an underdog)
Posted Image

ESToomere
Member Avatar

CERES IS THE REAL UNDERDOG
Posted Image

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Well, how can anybody take a planet named like a Final Fantasy character seriously?
Posted Image

Gundam_mk2
Member Avatar
Gunny
Mythos
Feb 26 2015, 07:14 PM
Well, how can anybody take a planet named like a Final Fantasy character seriously?
How can anybody take a game seriously?

ESToomere
Member Avatar

Gundam_mk2
Feb 27 2015, 02:36 AM
Mythos
How can't anybody take classical mythology seriously?
Posted Image

Jim_Riley
Member Avatar
U.S. Marinade

Gundam_mk2
Mythos
Back when Company of Heroes was still pretty big, I was crazy obsessed with playing matches online. I'm talking about coming home from work at at a minimum getting 5 games in to get my 'fix'. I think I was actually addicted until I forced myself away for a while and recovered.

Christ, I used to be number 11 in the world for 2v2 Americans. Haven't played in years so that's completely nonexistent now but boy did I play my ass off.

That's taking my games seriously hah. Back in the day of course.
Edited by Jim_Riley, Feb 27 2015, 11:09 PM.
Posted Image

ESToomere
Member Avatar

Jim_Riley
Feb 27 2015, 11:08 PM
Gundam_mk2
Mythos
Back when Company of Heroes was still pretty big, I was crazy obsessed with playing matches online. I'm talking about coming home from work at at a minimum getting 5 games in to get my 'fix'. I think I was actually addicted until I forced myself away for a while and recovered.

Christ, I used to be number 11 in the world for 2v2 Americans. Haven't played in years so that's completely nonexistent now but boy did I play my ass off.

That's taking my games seriously hah. Back in the day of course.
...I just wanted to check the forums before I started playing CoH. Interestingly, I usually play Wehrmacht only.
Posted Image

Chris
Member Avatar
Simultaneously a 'has been' and 'never was'!
Its been an odd week for me; this week I started a course in customer service at the behest of the jobcenter ("Its totally voluntary but unless you do what we suggest you will loose your benefits").

I got up early, checked out the news on the oscars and got ready.

About an hour before the course was due to start, and about 15 minutes before the train was due to come in we got a call saying that my grandfather had past away. Needless to say it was a winding moment, going from listening to the theme to supersonic man and being in high spirits to getting news like that.

Due to the nature of the course I am on and such I had to go in or else.

I was numb, in shock, I couldn't see myself staying, I knew what the course was going to be; being treated like children completing tasks that could be done in an hour or two but are dragged out by seven. And I was right.

Luckily however the people I am on the course with are, well, awesome.

They are very friendly, talkative and good people all round and for the entire day it felt like things were normal, they've managed to help me through it and had I not been studying with them I'd have thrown it in.

Its difficult, of course it is all things considered, I am still to a certain degree in shock but its helping me through, keeping me strong so I can be strong for my family.

If you don't see me posting that much over the next couple weeks you know why.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Community Conversation · Next Topic »
  • Pages: