Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Metrocop forums! Metrocop is a site dedicated to creative content, such as comics and screenshots, created using Valve Software's Source engine. It's safer here.

To make posts or threads, please register as a member.

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
The Suggestion Box
Topic Started: Feb 7 2015, 01:26 PM (2,664 Views)
Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

This is where you can make suggestions or give feedback on the Metrocop site and forums. Please bear in mind that I have a few limitations as to what I can do, therefore your requests may not always be possible to accomplish!
Posted Image

ESToomere
Member Avatar
Matt Smith appreciation month

Metrocop "Buy me a Beer!" button.
Posted Image

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Because I'm an absolute genius, I'd disabled replies from members in the Announcements & News section. My thanks to Fort for pointing out the absolute cleverness of that completely intentional feature.
(Obviously everything but the thanks is sarcastic)

Sorry for that, guys!
Posted Image

Yukon
Member Avatar
Canadian, Eh

We'll forgive you, this time.

My suggestion was to add a tutorial section under Source Creations, where the comics and panels people have made for different topics of useful tips can be posted. The ones that are already out there.
Posted Image

ESToomere
Member Avatar
Matt Smith appreciation month

Fort
Feb 9 2015, 03:07 AM
We'll forgive you, this time.

My suggestion was to add a tutorial section under Source Creations, where the comics and panels people have made for different topics of useful tips can be posted. The ones that are already out there.
Hey, and maybe, just maybe, I'll start copy-pa-... er, researching and writing about mapping under there as well!
Posted Image

Jim_Riley
Member Avatar
U.S. Marinade

This isn't necessarily something to be implemented ASAP but would something similar to PHW Mayor be something worth bringing to Metrocop? 3 month terms, elections and voting of the candidates and whatnot. I always felt that it was a nice community event to make everyone feel involved.

This would only be best once Metrocop gets more members of course and it's entirely on you, Mythos.

Also to caveat off of what Fort was saying, we really should get a thread set up containing hints and tricks for the different mediums on here. It should also have tutorials as well; Photoshop, Head hacking, skinning, GMOD fundamentals etc. etc. Something that gives people a ready made list to help them on their way.

Edited by Jim_Riley, Feb 9 2015, 03:47 PM.
Posted Image

Yukon
Member Avatar
Canadian, Eh

Quote:

Hey, and maybe, just maybe, I'll start copy-pa-... er, researching and writing about mapping under there as well!

Well you don't have to go and make new ones unless you wanted to (a mapping one would be very beneficial), there are quite a few already out there. Jim's comic fundamentals, numerous speech bubble ones and LT_C made a few. I recall some others but can't remember who made them (a military posing one)
Edited by Yukon, Feb 9 2015, 04:12 PM.
Posted Image

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I've intended for a while to have a tutorial section on the site with some tutorials of my own (to be made when I have the time and patience), but it sounds like a good idea to have a section on the forum so everyone can share their expertise. In fact, I could very well pick some of those and add them to the site as well!

As for a PHW Mayor-esque activity, it sounds like it could be fun, although on the other hand it does make me fear that it might generate some level of elitism. In any case, it's too early for that, as you said, since we're still a small group. I do have other ideas for activities we could do on the forums, I'll work on those as soon as I make a break from comic making.
Posted Image

Starpo
Member Avatar

Jim_Riley
Feb 9 2015, 03:41 PM
...Head hacking...

I could see about getting some kind of guide/tutorial done, as i have some intermediate skill and knowledge on this subject.

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Because you demanded it! And also, making forum categories is really easy and it was an excellent idea anyhow. Thanks for the suggestion, guys!
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Site Announcements & News · Next Topic »
  • Pages: