Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Metrocop forums! Metrocop is a site dedicated to creative content, such as comics and screenshots, created using Valve Software's Source engine. It's safer here.

To make posts or threads, please register as a member.

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
WIP Thread; Here you can talk about your works in progress and post previews.
Topic Started: Feb 5 2015, 05:10 PM (31,188 Views)
Gogi
Member Avatar
Resident Mongolian Folk Music Expert
Part 10 of the quest is probably going to be complete by the weekend. 2 pages, 1200 x 10000px are 75% done right now.

It's gonna be an exciting last issue is all I'm saying. ;)

Posted Image

Talk about your stuff in this thread.
I don't believe in signatures, what you're reading here is only a mere figment of your imagination.

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Awesome thread! Thanks, Gogi!

Right now I have nothing to say or show... but tomorrow will be a different case entirely. ;) Make of that what you will!
Posted Image

Orpheus
Member Avatar
The Gunsmith

Thank you for starting this up Gogi!

I'll leave this here for now:

Posted Image

Coming soon to a forum near you.
Edited by Orpheus, Feb 6 2015, 12:49 AM.
Posted Image

Shadow6x
Member Avatar

Wow, lots of projects here!
This is the cover of my next comic, will make a thread later.
Posted Image
Edited by Shadow6x, Feb 6 2015, 03:17 AM.

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Didn't I tell you I'd have something to show today?

Posted Image
Posted Image

jim_cjr
Member Avatar
Doctor...Doctor who?
This thread. Stoked beyond words.
Episode 2; Team Fortress 2; Portal 2... "Episodic model" scrapped... 2x2x2=8... HALF-LIFE 8 CONFIRMED!

Gundam_mk2
Member Avatar
Gunny
More Hype!

Chris
Member Avatar
Simultaneously a 'has been' and 'never was'!
Using Gmod to make comics?

What sorcery is this?
Posted Image

Gogi
Member Avatar
Resident Mongolian Folk Music Expert
The Quest #10 is coming tonight. Stay tuned.
I don't believe in signatures, what you're reading here is only a mere figment of your imagination.

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Cover for this Friday's comic:

Posted Image

Here's some more details I wrote up on the blog:

Quote:

You’ll notice that my character is holding a very odd phone of some sort. That’s a hi-tech transparent smartphone that will accompany him throughout his misadventures and has a multitude of useful apps to solve problems – or humorously help move the plot forward, deus ex machina style. The phone, which I won’t officially name yet (“Mythos’ Phone” will do for now), will be a character trademark or icon of sorts, and the handiest tool in my personal skin’s arsenal.
Oh, and if you’re wondering about its origin, it was actually FZE who modeled it at my request years ago – I think it dates back to 2011! It was meant for another comic but had the exact same role and purpose. Better showing up late than never at all!

As for further details on the series, Mythic Comics will have a slightly different format from The Adventures of Hercule Cubbage, with longer pages and editing differences in details such as speech font and speech bubble style. Also unlike TAoHC, each issue won’t be a set number of pages, meaning some issues may be longer or shorter, but more importantly, I can pace the comics a bit better.
Also, the first issue is written specifically so you don’t need to know any prior history, making this an accessible comic for new readers. That said, there are a couple of minor references to past events in the personal skin “continuity”, so if you really wanna be all caught up, I recommend re-reading the following comics, in order of importance:

- FZE’s Awake and Sing, Ye that Dwell in Dust;
- FZE’s FZE and Mythos’ Badass Adventures;
- The 2008 PoB/CR-O War;
- My own 2010 Battle of the Brain Dead Union comics (will help you understand a throwaway line of dialogue in #1 as well as some character connections in future story arcs);

Let me repeat, you don’t need to read all that to understand Mythic Comics. It just serves as backstory that might improve your enjoyment of the brand new series.

A lot of talk, but it's not necessary to enjoy the comic, which is a fairly straightforward affair.
Posted Image

3 users reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Comics · Next Topic »
  • Pages: