Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Metrocop forums! Metrocop is a site dedicated to creative content, such as comics and screenshots, created using Valve Software's Source engine. It's safer here.

To make posts or threads, please register as a member.

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
What was your favourite location of HL2 gameplay wise?
City 17 before uprising 2 (18.2%)
Canals (on-foot and airboat) 2 (18.2%)
Ravenholm 1 (9.1%)
Coast (on-foot and buggy) 3 (27.3%)
Nova Prospekt 2 (18.2%)
City 17 during uprising 1 (9.1%)
Citadel finale 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 11
[POLL] Favourite locations of HL2 and its Episodes
Topic Started: Jan 2 2018, 07:03 PM (363 Views)
Piggo
Member Avatar

Go and vote!

I'm always interested to see what people think, so lets ask some proper HL fans.
Oh dammit i can't post more than one poll

kk we'll do Ep 1 and 2 later then
My favourite is a hard choice between the Coast and Ravenholme with uprising City 17 coming third, I loved how relativly peaceful and open the coast levels were and back then visually great. They allowed a chance to drive around and have a bit of fun before the grand third act arrived.
Edited by Piggo, Jan 2 2018, 07:05 PM.

Yukon
Member Avatar
Canadian, Eh

I always enjoyed the C17 parts of the games the most.
Posted Image

ESToomere
Member Avatar
BLAST!

Fixed Ravenholm.

I wanted to say City 17, but really, it's more of a character than a location. So I have to vote for the Coast - especially if you do it all on foot: the fast, the better!
Posted Image

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Funny, I just replayed the game from start to finish recently, so it's still fresh.

I will have to say the coast, though Nova Prospekt is really the game's climax and Ravenholm is great too - heck, I can say that for pretty much every part of the game. But I think the coast is special because it's when HL2 really opens up, lets you explore, drive around beautiful vistas and have fantastic moments like the bridge.
Posted Image

Mjolnir82991
Member Avatar
How make comics?

I've talked about it before, but I have to say Nova Prospekt is my favorite location. The antlion gameplay makes the chapter unique compared to the rest of the game. Even the combine guards get their own uniform, which I think is cool. The only parts I don't like are the turret defense sections. I was always get stressed out during those.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

roboslacker
Member Avatar
2017's Most Active Comic Maker
I feel that the citadel was the worst part of the game.
Most active in 2017

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

roboslacker
Jan 5 2018, 03:05 PM
I feel that the citadel was the worst part of the game.
I mean, it was fun, but... yeah. If we're talking chapters though, maybe better than Red Letter Day since that is pretty much just exposition (although I do love exposition).
Posted Image

Piggo
Member Avatar

When i replay HL2 from time to time, or at least parts of it, i rare play Red Letter Day.

I still do but nowhere near as much as i do other areas.

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Mind you, I love the story bits, otherwise I wouldn't still be making comics and running a site called "Metrocop" 14 years after the game came out. But even I have to admit Red Letter Day is just setup.

Point Insertion is one of the best chapters though, don't @ me
Posted Image

Orpheus
Member Avatar
The Gunsmith

I’ve always been partial to the canal levels. Their design is practically flawless—the claustrophobia and filth of the abandoned sections is conveyed perfectly—and every corner is jam packed with story details. I think the reason so many fan fictions and comics take place in the canals is that you get a good sense of the world inhabited by those who live beyond the Combine’s control. The frantic radio messages, the dilapidated shanties and sewer outposts, the crawl spaces littered with headcrabs and manhacks—all of it communicates so much about the world, and so efficiently. Over a decade later, I still find myself stopping to listen to the wind chimes mingling with the breeze howling through the rusted-out refineries and warehouses, or scrutinizing the rebel graffiti hidden behind the hydro plant.

I love this game so much. It literally made me who I am today, and I hope it never fades from my memory.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming · Next Topic »
  • Pages: