Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Metrocop forums! Metrocop is a site dedicated to creative content, such as comics and screenshots, created using Valve Software's Source engine. It's safer here.

To make posts or threads, please register as a member.

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Star Wars Battlefront II; May the loot be with you
Topic Started: Nov 23 2017, 04:38 AM (216 Views)
Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Anyone here playing Battlefront II or have any thoughts on the lootbox controversy that is sweeping the globe?

Personally, and I can't believe I'm writing this, I'm actually really enjoying the game, and I usually hate multiplayer. Campaign was mediocre at best but the multiplayer has been fun all around and I've been tweeting about it a lot. Hell, I just stayed up till 4:30AM playing Galactic Assault, that's how absurdly fun the base game is, if you can ignore the pay-to-win bullshit.

Granted, sole reason I bought this - on release day, no less (I usually wait for price drops) - was Starfighter Assault, which I got completely addicted to during the beta. But now I'm getting good at Galactic Assault too and figured out a simple strategy to be MVP - score enough to get a starfighter, then just play as a starfighter. I'm surprisingly good at it and just keep amassing points... sometime at the detriment of the objective, heh. But it's fun, and that's all I want in a game.
Posted Image

Piggo
Member Avatar

>not pirating it

come on fam fight the dark side

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

What can I say? I'd already pre-ordered it long before the controversies and I didn't want to lose the small deposit the store forced on me. Turns out there's a pretty good game underneath that bullshit progression system.
But thanks for making me feel guilty for enjoying the game I bought with my hard-earned money, I really appreciate it :V
Edited by Mythos, Nov 23 2017, 03:01 PM.
Posted Image

Piggo
Member Avatar

Eh at least the DICE employees get paid

they do an excellent job

Yukon
Member Avatar
Canadian, Eh

I was considering getting it still if the campaign was good, but from what I've heard and seen so far it's pretty underwhelming. I enjoyed the multiplayer in the first one and I've never really been bothered by loot crates or micro-transactions in games because I simply couldn't care less about it and rarely partook in it (I've never paid real money for in-game things). Maybe if it goes on sale for at least 50% I'll pick it up.

Also Mythos since you pre-ordered it did you get the free pair of Darth Vader socks with it? My friend pre-ordered it and got a pair.
Edited by Yukon, Nov 23 2017, 04:02 PM.
Posted Image

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Yes, they do. The game is genuinely pretty good beneath all the crap EA forced on it. I can highly recommend the gameplay, just not the slow-ass, randomized progression system.
Posted Image

Piggo
Member Avatar

Fuck EA so much hopefully DICE employees leave to join Respawn Ent-oh

oh no

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Triple-A is basically a dystopia.
Posted Image

Piggo
Member Avatar

Gotta say though i wish we had better ports of the weapons, the Battlefront 2015 weapons on the workshop are really really bright for some reason

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Yukon
Nov 23 2017, 04:00 PM
I was considering getting it still if the campaign was good, but from what I've heard and seen so far it's pretty underwhelming. I enjoyed the multiplayer in the first one and I've never really been bothered by loot crates or micro-transactions in games because I simply couldn't care less about it and rarely partook in it (I've never paid real money for in-game things). Maybe if it goes on sale for at least 50% I'll pick it up.

Also Mythos since you pre-ordered it did you get the free pair of Darth Vader socks with it? My friend pre-ordered it and got a pair.
Sorry Yukon, somehow I missed your reply. Nope, no Darth Vader socks in my country, but I did add a 15% pre-order discount and a €10 coupon to scrape €20 off the price. I wouldn't have bought it day 1 otherwise.

Honestly, I kinda have to recommend this game regardless of the lootbox bullshit on account of how much fun I have with the multiplayer. I'm not a multiplayer guy so it's been surprising, especially since I'm actually getting better at Galactic Assault. Of course, if I get my hands on a starship in Galactic Assault I'm almost always MVP. I'm one hell of a pilot.

Singleplayer sucked though.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Gaming · Next Topic »