Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Metrocop forums! Metrocop is a site dedicated to creative content, such as comics and screenshots, created using Valve Software's Source engine. It's safer here.

To make posts or threads, please register as a member.

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
The Adventures of Hercule Cubbage: Chapter 6; It's finally here
Topic Started: Sep 2 2017, 01:16 AM (848 Views)
Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

I'm not shitting you. It really is here. And, ironically enough, a day later than I intended - I've been working my ass off to get this done in time for September 1st. It's been September 2nd for about 2 hours in my timezone.

But never mind that. To mark my tenth anniversary as a comic maker and 5 years of Hercule Cubbage, I very proudly present the long-awaited next chapter in the Hercule Cubbage saga. Enjoy.

(Oh, I recommend you re-read the previous chapters first. Even though it's been 3 years since the last chapter, it's very much a continuation. And I was in too much of a hurry to post to make a "previously on" thing, sorry!)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm not going to dare suggest this will ever be good enough to justify three years of waiting, but I do hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a reply and feel free to spread the word: Hercule Cubbage has finally returned!
Posted Image

Orpheus
Member Avatar
Haz-Life is my hero <3

Yesssss! He's back!
Posted Image
We serve the same mystery.

Yukon
Member Avatar
Canadian, Eh

It was well worth the wait.
Posted Image

jim_cjr
Member Avatar
Doctor...Doctor who?
In other news, Half-Life 3 confirmed...oh, wait. Saw it in my RSS feed and thought "Hang on, it's not April 1st..."

Absolutely bloody fantastic!
Edited by jim_cjr, Sep 2 2017, 07:03 AM.
Episode 2; Team Fortress 2; Portal 2... "Episodic model" scrapped... 2x2x2=8... HALF-LIFE 8 CONFIRMED!

Braindawg
Member Avatar
The right man in the wrong place
God damn, that was a good read! I have to say I've read a lot of fanfic but this is really something!

Gundam_mk2
Member Avatar
Gunny
Great episode !

Arctic Avenger
Member Avatar
The Librarian
Loved the layout Mythos. There's just something about it.
TIER 1 HIGH RISK OPERATOR ALL DAY EVERY DAY

ESToomere
Member Avatar
Matt Smith appreciation month

tl;dr
Posted Image

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

Thank you all (except ESToomere, fuck you Erik). It really felt great to finally finish this after a nearly-three-year hiatus. Of course, still three more chapters to go before it's really done, but we'll get there sooner or later! I believe that now. If Chapter 6 came out after so long, then surely I can pull off 7, 8 and 9.

I'm gonna try to get some attention to this now but clearly Reddit won't be the place, it's basically deserted. Maybe do some PR like I did at work, see if it sticks. Wish me luck!
Posted Image

Orpheus
Member Avatar
Haz-Life is my hero <3

Just finished reading it a second time, and I think it's noteworthy just how much your editing has evolved since the series began. It's truly impressive. In particular I'm paying attention to the depth-of-field, light rays, and particle effects -- all of which blend seamlessly together. The only exception is the double focus plane in the crowd shot with Lucy and Kyle -- not exactly a glaring flaw, but it was enough to break the immersion for me. Overall, however, stellar editing. Your best yet, dare I say.

Story wise, it's excellent to see the relationship between Hercule and Lucy evolving. As I mentioned over Steam, the love triangle caught my attention immediately and held it throughout the chapter. I'm interested to see where you go with Kyle's character -- Just take care not too make him too much of an A-hole, lest he come off as one-dimensional. Right now he seems kind of like a sadist, the way he relishes killing those CPs, and I find that disturbing (in a good way). Looking forward to watching his character develop!

Great job as always, Mythos. :)
Edited by Orpheus, Sep 6 2017, 12:59 AM.
Posted Image
We serve the same mystery.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Comics · Next Topic »
  • Pages: