Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Metrocop forums! Metrocop is a site dedicated to creative content, such as comics and screenshots, created using Valve Software's Source engine. It's safer here.

To make posts or threads, please register as a member.

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
5 years of Metrocop; That's half a decade!
Topic Started: Sep 1 2017, 12:04 AM (358 Views)
Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

I've been so obsessed with finishing my own personal Moby Dick (The Adventures of Hercule Cubbage, Chapter Six) on time for Friday, September 1 that I completely forgot about something: Metrocop did not, in fact, start on September 1, even if Hercule Cubbage did. Metrocop started on August 31... and I completely missed the anniversary! Fffffuuu-

Anyhow! Jesus, five years. I wish I could say it had been a helluva active five years but it was never as active as some of its predecessors, although I think we collectively did a pretty bang-up job of keeping it going of late. Sure, we're small, but we're cozy, and even if Metrocop doesn't burn as bright as the old school sites, it certainly lasted longer so far.

What are your thoughts on this milestone? How are you enjoying Metrocop so far and what do you expect out of its future?
Posted Image

Yukon
Member Avatar
Canadian, Eh

5 years already? They grow up so fast. You've done a great job with this site Mythos. It may not be as active as Facepunch but it feels more like a Home to comics than FP ever was. Here's to another 5 years!

Also I'm still waiting on my Metrocop branded T-shirt and the "Make Comics Great Again" baseball cap that I ordered.
Posted Image

Jim_Riley
Member Avatar
U.S. Marinade

Yes, it's been quite the show these last couple years. I'm glad you invited me when you did. This place is obviously the only place I'll feel like we all appreciate one another's hobbies and efforts without judgement.

This place must never die. Even as I wasn't active per say, I'd lurk at the least! I love Metrocop and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Posted Image

Arctic Avenger
Member Avatar
The Librarian
Mythos
Sep 1 2017, 12:04 AM
I think we collectively did a pretty bang-up job of keeping it going of late
Damn right we did, you magnificent bastards.
TIER 1 HIGH RISK OPERATOR ALL DAY EVERY DAY

LeftLiner
Member Avatar

Big congratulations! Way to keep this weird little subculture going. :) Proud to be a part of it!

ESToomere
Member Avatar
Matt Smith appreciation month

I say it's about time we bring back the Skeet-train, start abusing all the females here, and open a new Machinima-dedicated website and force everybody to join the forums there.
Posted Image

LeftLiner
Member Avatar

ESToomere
Sep 4 2017, 02:05 PM
I say it's about time we bring back the Skeet-train, start abusing all the females here, and open a new Machinima-dedicated website and force everybody to join the forums there.
...too soon.

jim_cjr
Member Avatar
Doctor...Doctor who?
5 years? Half-Life 5 confirmed! I mean...That's actually pretty good going, when you think about it. Sure, as you say, we've never been as visibly active as the likes of PHW and FP - but then by the time PHW was 5 years old, pretty much all that was left were the "describe the person above you" and "what song are you listening to" threads. And I guess like with any hobby, when something new crops up lots of people give it a go, but not that many stick with it - PHW, FP and such started up when this idea that you could make comics with a PC game was something new and different, and "sex-pose" comics were still (loosely) funny. We're here because we stuck with it (or in my case stuck with other people sticking with it!)
Episode 2; Team Fortress 2; Portal 2... "Episodic model" scrapped... 2x2x2=8... HALF-LIFE 8 CONFIRMED!

Orpheus
Member Avatar
Haz-Life is my hero <3

The word "Metrocop" has eight letters...and the site's been active for five years...the difference between eight and five is three...HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!

On a more personal note, this site has been a nice refuge from day-to-day life. It's great to be part of the community here and I'm glad to have met you all. Huge thanks to Mythos to starting the site and keeping it fresh with new releases!
Posted Image
We serve the same mystery.

Chris
Member Avatar
Simultaneously a 'has been' and 'never was'!
Five more years!
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Site Announcements & News · Next Topic »
  • Pages: