Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Metrocop forums! Metrocop is a site dedicated to creative content, such as comics and screenshots, created using Valve Software's Source engine. It's safer here.

To make posts or threads, please register as a member.

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Half-Life 2: DownFall and Overflow; Two excellent HL2 mods, one you can already play!
Topic Started: Jan 31 2017, 01:25 PM (856 Views)
ESToomere
Member Avatar
Matt Smith appreciation month

Full disclosure, I know these mods creator and I've extensively beta tested and played them.

Still have a bad taste in your mouth after playing HL2 Closure and whatever the payed mod was? DO I HAVE SOME NEWS FOR YOU! Two mods, BOTH released, one greenlit (will be available for the low low price of free):

Half-Life 2: DownFall and Overflow

Steam page

Quote:

DownFall is a free Half-Life 2 single-player mod taking place in the White Forest surroundings.
You're once more putting on the HEV suit as Gordon Freeman. Your mission is to recover a newly developed technology by the resistance, known as the "citadel buster", before the Combine manage to destroy it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Since this game isn't done yet, feel free to play its spiritual prequel,
Overflow.

ModDB download page

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by ESToomere, Apr 19 2017, 09:36 PM.
Posted Image

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

The paid mod was Prospekt. And by "Closure" do you mean "Episode 3: The Closure" by Leon?

These look great, I'm gonna have to play them.
Posted Image

ESToomere
Member Avatar

Mythos
Jan 31 2017, 01:41 PM
The paid mod was Prospekt. And by "Closure" do you mean "Episode 3: The Closure" by Leon?
I did, yes.
Posted Image

Pendleton
Member Avatar

I did notice the green light for Downfall... I'm kind of obsessed when it comes to looking for Half-Life Mods... I look forward to it's release!
Posted Image nope bananman

Niker107
Member Avatar

Truly the two mods that deserve to be the first ones mentioned here! Way to set an example of Source quality. I can say that DownFall has a lot of potential (having playtested it), and it is definitely worth being put up on Steam. Thankfully it's already been greenlit, and the release of the first chapter should be relatively soon in Valvetime.

Looking forward to more posts in this new forum category!
Half-Life 2: DownFall is nearing release! Its trailer has now been published, and Marnamai is aiming to open the game to the public this month!

https://youtu.be/n8PI00k6-RY
Edited by Niker107, Apr 12 2017, 05:34 PM.

jim_cjr
Member Avatar
Doctor...Doctor who?
I started playing through Overflow last night - thus far, pretty impressed. Will have to keep an eye out for DownFall (and avoid the inevitable Hitler jokes...)
Episode 2; Team Fortress 2; Portal 2... "Episodic model" scrapped... 2x2x2=8... HALF-LIFE 8 CONFIRMED!

ESToomere
Member Avatar

Edited my post since DownFall is out now!
Posted Image

Yukon
Member Avatar
Canadian, Eh

Downfall is quite good. Had a blast playing it.
Posted Image

Mythos
Member Avatar
The Maladjusted

I've already installed DownFall, might check it out later today if Zelda doesn't suck me back in.
Downfall was so good I might actually write a review for Metrocop.net.
Edited by Mythos, May 1 2017, 05:17 PM.
Posted Image

ESToomere
Member Avatar

Mythos
Apr 24 2017, 02:20 PM
I've already installed DownFall, might check it out later today if Zelda doesn't suck me back in.
Downfall was so good I might actually write a review for Metrocop.net.
Oooh! Do! May I humbly suggest you try Overflow as well?
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Maps & Mods · Next Topic »
  • Pages: